Meet Karen Feld. Then meet her two service pups, Campari and Bellini, who are always ready for a close-up.
Based in Washington, D.C. and New York City, Karen is an award-winning, prolific columnist, editor and lecturer who was (change was to is) a frequent radio and TV guest. For more than 35 years, she has covered culture and politics, theater and art, health and travel — all while her precocious poodles tag along. Karen’s news and feature reporting spans the media landscape with a distinctive storytelling style mirrored in her fine art sculpture.
Today, Karen is a contributing writer for New York Lifestyles Magazine, PoliticalMavens.com, JewishWorldReview.com and free lances for a variety of other publications.
Radio and TV Personality
Karen was a recurring guest on many popular TV shows, and her syndicated Capital Connections® radio segment aired for years on Radio America’s “Dateline Washington.” Karen’s radio show, “Medicine Today,” was broadcast on the “Voice of America.”
Karen has appeared regularly on these TV shows and networks:
- “The Joan Rivers Show”
- “The Sally Show”
- “George & Alana”
- “The Maury Povich Show”
- “Inside Edition”
- “FlipSide with Susan Molinari”
- “Red White & Views with Cal Thomas”
- PBS’s “This is America with Dennis Wholey”
- Fox News Channel
- America’s Voice
- “Reporter’s Notebook” (WRC-TV, Washington, D.C.)
- “Reporter’s Roundtable” (D.C. cable)
Karen hosted several radio talk shows and guests on hundreds of radio shows, including:
- “The Jim Bohannon Show”
- “Capitol Line with Blanquita Cullum”
- “The Oliver North Show”
- Clear Channel – Washington, D.C.
- “Battle Line with Alan Nathan”
Karen penned a syndicated column on the Washington-Hollywood connection for many years under the Capital Connections® brand. She previously launched The Buzz column in The Washington Examiner; politicalmavens.com named her a Fellow, a regular contributor; and Karen served as Washington editor of the Delta Airlines in-flight magazine Shuttle Street; editor of Washington Flyer; Incentive Travel Manager; and Radiology Today.
Karen’s work has appeared in numerous national publications and websites:
- Family Circle
- USA Weekend
- Delta Sky
- Campaigns and Elections
- Golf Digest Woman
- The Hill
- Roll Call
- The Washington Times
- The Baltimore Sun
- Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Chicago Tribune
- The Washington Post
- The Los Angeles Times
- The Boston Globe
- The San Jose Mercury News
- Orlando Sentinel
- The Dallas Morning News
- PACE Communications
- Miles Media
Lectures, celebrity outreach, consulting and special events
Karen is a popular personality on the lecture circuit and guarantees a timely, original and engaging presentation for corporate, student or cruise-ship audiences.
Karen can also help with a book tour, product launch, advocacy or coaching you on surefire ways to handle media questions. Karen can open doors to get you on the A-list and share successful tips for ice-breaking conversation. Need a politician or celebrity to support your event or cause? Karen can help.
Karen has received numerous awards for Excellence in Journalism from the following professional organizations:
National Federation of Press Women (NFPW)
- 1st Place at-large for Specialty Travel Articles (2017): Karen’s winning articles are published in New York Lifestyles Magazine.
— “These travel pieces are outstanding.”
— “‘A Diamond Discovered in Erstwhile Barracks,’ about an off-the-beaten-path Island Inn in Maine, is loaded with details and includes just enough of the area’s rich history to inform readers and entice them to venture a visit.”
— “‘Singer Island: Your Ticket to Paradise’ explores a little-known resort in a familiar destination, off of Palm Beach, Florida – the content is well-organized and lively and the imagery is vivid.”
- 1st Place for Feature Story in an Online Publication (2017): Karen’s winning article, “The Fear of Voting (It’s a Thing)” is published in the online publication, LifeZette.com.
— “This article stands out for me because it presents an unusual aspect of voting. I would hazard to guess few people consider this when thinking about the realm of anxiety. The beginning talks about the conditions in which this anxiety can manifest. The quotes from real people as well as a professional giving tips really rounds out this. It’s is an easy-to-understand article that pulls you through to the mysterious conclusion of what can one do about this? I can see myself wanting to read more about the effects of this on the political system. Well done!”
- Three Special Awards: National Communications Contest Sweepstake Award for winning the most awards from the organization; Communicator as Entrepreneur; and 35-year Milestone Membership Award.
- Additional Awards: Editorial/Opinion on-line publication, Personality Profile, Feature Story, Theater Reviews, Personal Column, News Story, Broadcasting, Outstanding Journalism on the Web, Web Commentary, TV Presentation, TV Interview, Radio Interview, TV Talk Show, Radio Prepared Report (News), Radio Prepared Report (Features), Web Pages/Feature Story, News Program, Web Pages/Electronic Media Kit, Speeches.
Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
- Political Commentary in Print, Daily Reporting, Excellence in Journalism, Art Criticism, Local News Story, Online Feature, Editorial Writing, Feature Writing, Outstanding Journalism on the Web.
North American Travel Journalists Association (NATJA)
- Destination Travel Magazine Feature
American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA)
- Magazine Feature Story
American Chiropractic Association
- Health Journalism Award
Capital Press Women (CPW)
- Feature Print General/Specialized, Personal Website, Special Articles, Non-daily newspaper, Personality Profile (Print), Speeches, Communicator as Entrepreneur, TV Prepared Report (News/Feature), Radio Personal Column of the Air, Radio Interview, Writing for the Web (News or Features), News Reporting (Print Non-daily), Editorial (Print Non-daily), Editorial (Print Daily), Feature/Print Non-daily, Photography and Writing, Photography Non-daily, Radio On-The-Scene Spot Report News, Radio On-The-Scene Spot Report Feature, Radio Prepared Report, Radio Special Programming, Radio Personal Column, Radio Interview or Talk Show, TV On-The-Scene Spot Report, TV Interview or Talk Show, TV Presentation, Web Site (Personal), Personal Columns, Web Pages/Electronic Media Kit, News Program, TV Interview or Talk Show, Web Pages/Feature Story, Feature Story for Internal Publication, Feature Story for General Circulation Magazine, Feature Story Newspaper.